As the year draws to a close and we look forward to the energy and excitement of 2019, I have found it a therapeutic and humbling process to make a little note of some of the things I have learnt along the way. Short, sweet but still meaningful, I hope you enjoy this little snippet of simple but significant insights from an amazing and challenging year:
- How to holiday without your work phone/laptop
- Bali brings out the magic which is already within you
- A yoga retreat is worth every penny
- You are more than capable of running 13.1 miles
- And starting your own business!
- There is a creative side of you which deserves to be explored
- Your body looks better than you think it does
- And when you start to accept that love for yourself, it will flow into other areas of your life
- Working smarter doesn’t necessarily mean working harder
- You’re actually pretty good at your day job
- But you can have a side hustle too which truly feeds your soul
- Dolly Alderton is a goddess
- The Greatest Showman is genius
- Release the relationships which no longer serve you
- And it will make way for people who bring joy to your life
- If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change
- I am enough
- And I am moving towards the life I deserve
Use this limbo land time between Christmas and New Year, where we’re not entirely sure what day it is or what we’re really supposed to be doing, to reflect, not pick apart, to be grateful and to accept that you are exactly where you are supposed to be in this moment.
Whether it’s been a good year, a shit year or a complete and utter rollercoaster, take some time to write down your successes. Focus on what you have achieved, rather than what slipped through the net. Sometimes it’s the smallest wins which make the biggest difference.
I’d love to hear some of your learnings and insights from 2018. Please comment below and share with friends and let’s start a conversation which closes the year on a positive note. None of this detox nonsense!
Wishing you an abundance of health, happiness, love and laughter for an exciting 2019. I’ve got a good feeling about this one!
Love and light,